Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 29

2/5--Today was an interesting day. It was bitter-sweet. We had a nice, relaxing morning. Then got a ride with friends to the Synagogue service. The kids were great. Gami happily went into the nursery to play for a while and was happy to leave for bread. Ahna stayed with me. She made some noise, but was really well behaved! She kept saying "Amen" when others did and it was loud enough for the Rabbi to hear. Everyone laughed. After service, the kids got some bread and then ran around until it was time to go.


We left there about 30min later than usual. This pushed their naps back quite a bit (because they ate some lunch when we got home). I laid them down as soon as possible once we were home, but they didn't fall asleep until almost 2:30pm. Ahna was having a complete FIT about going down for a nap. She screamed about 10min before calming down. Gami got out of bed (he naps in my bed) and started crying also when I told him to get back into bed and that he had to stay there until rest time was over. He didn't cry long--maybe 5 minutes. All this REALLY stressed me out!!! I didn't know if they would go to sleep or if I would get a nap. Eventually they got quiet and I was able to lay down for an hour before Ahna woke up. I had to wake up Gami. When I tried to wake him up, he rolled over onto his side, facing me and with his eyes still closed he put a finger to his mouth & went "shhhhh" ever so tenderly. It was cute, but I had to get him up anyway.

It snowed today. I asked Gami if he wanted to go outside to play in the snow after "rest time", but he said no. Ahna was all about it and was trying to get her coat off the hook as I was asking Gami!! She loves going outside. I wasn't going to pull my hair out trying to drag Gami out the door, unwillingly, so I sadly told Ahna "no" and we stayed inside. After Gami watched 30min of Thomas, we painted with finger paints! The kids LOVED that!


Ahna watching Gami and then doing what she sees him doing...or was it the other way around...Hmmmm


Did you see that Ahna's hair is finally long enough to put up?!?!?! I am so excited!!! She kept these in ALL DAY TODAY!!! She would touch her "tails" and say "pih-ee guh" (pretty girl) and then touch my hair and say the same thing.

Baths were immediately necessary once the painting was done. The kids played really well together. At bath time, I've had some challenges with Gami and water in his eyes while washing his hair. We've been working on him looking "to the sky" and closing his eyes. He did GREAT tonight and stayed calm while I was washing his hair. I was really proud of him. He has gone soog on the potty several times today--once at the synagogue on the "big potty". It feels good to know we've not lost all the ground we've gained in this area.

The kids ate a dinner of PB & honey sandwiches and apples dipped in honey. Then we played trains. Gami and Ahna, again, played well together. The best part was how well Gami used his words and stayed calm when Ahna did take one of his trains or broke the track. When she took his train, she did it more in a way of "what is this train?" rather than "HA HA! I took your train!" So they both stayed calm, I stayed calm, and everyone played happily together. I pulled Gami aside to compliment him on staying calm and using his kind words with Ahna. Even now it makes me so happy to recall how well it went!

Other than a brief webcam in the morning with Brandon, we talked a while this evening. He prayed with Ahna (who couldn't keep her kissing lips off his face on the computer) before I put her to bed. He prayed with Gami before he went to bed (after 2 books and 2 potty trips). Then Brandon and I had some time to talk about whatever we needed to. ((Sigh....))....I love my husband!

Each day we put an "X" on the countdown calendar that Brandon made for the kids. Tonight was the second time I have let Gami do it himself (he asked). Can you guess which one he did by himself?


Now it's time for bed for me! Tomorrow I hope to get the kids outside as soon as possible after breakfast. The temperature should be fair & the snow from today is really packy-like. We are going to make heart caterpillars also (if the kids do well). Hopefully a fun day, even if inside for most of it. Sorry I've not posted videos lately. There is just no time for it right now.

G'night!

No comments: