Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 1

Today went well. I've been here before. I've done an overnight without Brandon so today felt like another one of those. I am also choosing NOT to focus on the duration of time that he will be training. I am just glad to say that I got through the day with a smile on my face.


So if you don't already know, I cut my middle left finger last night (Friday night) while making a nice dinner for my husband. Brandon & I felt it was deep enough for me to go to the ER. We called ahead & found that if I went right away I wouldn't have to wait long; so I did. Without going into the whole story, I will say that I went alone, ended up with 2 sutures, had my finger numbed (which made me so nauseated I almost threw up) except for the injured site until after the second poke, and my finger wrapped to almost twice its current size. NOT FUN! By the time the doctor came in to suture my finger I had been there 90min and was in tears for the time I was missing with Brandon & our 'crashed' Shabbat meal. I practically ran out of the ER once I was released (2hrs after the injury happened). I cried the whole way home & once I got home. My kids were confused & Gami kept telling me, "Be HAppy ImA."  He prayed, "God, Thank you Ima's boo boo, Amen."  Sweet boy...

Side note...my middle finger was poked 3 times at the base to numb it; that is what made me nauseated and my pain level a 10.

The kids did great today overall. Gami kept going to the calendar Brandon made for the kids & saying "Abba went on blue airplane & he come home on the red airplane." He kept going to it & talking about it all day. I keep talking about Abba going on the airplane to do a very important job in the Army. It's important that I be positive about Brandon being gone so that the kids are positive and proud of the work their Abba does. We don't want them to ever be resentful & I know that my reaction to it all is a large part of that. Before bed, I helped Gami cross off today. The dates count down.


For fun, I made the kids a table tent. They LOVED it! We also pretended to be animals from their animal cards. It was lots of fun hopping around the house like rabbits & crawling like tigers. They napped well & so did I!


We talked to Brandon a lot today and talked on web cam for a couple hours. The kids LOVED seeing him on the computer!! They were abuzz with chatter for him. Ahna asked for him several times today. That's hard for me because I cannot talk to her like I can to Gami. She is surely a "daddy's girl."

2 comments:

'ebed said...

when you wear this shirt, it needs to be able to be read in every photo!

Unknown said...

Stay strong girl, you have gone through much worse. Keep your head up and just think it is to better your lives with his training :) and you have a lot of support...