Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 32

2/8----Ah...let's see...Gami woke up, as usual, chipper at 0645! He was a good boy and stayed in bed until my alarm went off at 7pm. Last night I woke up once with pain in my upper back. I sat up to see Gami laying horizontal in the bed, his feet between my shoulder blades. Didn't feel good!

My friend's children ended up not coming over today. Gami took it well, but was disappointed. I played bubbles with the kids and play dough instead. I did yoga this morning with the kids running and crawling between my legs and arms. They were giggling so much that it was hard telling them to stop, so I let them do it. I felt better and a bit worse afterwards--my hip was aching, but I got a good stretch.


Lunch was yummy...lasagna from a neighbor! Right after lunch I got a call that our car was finished at the mechanic shop & was going to cost $100 more than the original estimate, but was ready for pick-up. Let's just say my stress levels started pushing the roof at that point. The kids went down well for naps. I had to be very firm with Gami to stay in bed & not yell for me. I had to put laundry in before I missed my time, find a ride to pick up my car, find someone to take my kids while I picked up my car, get my laundry done, decide whether to go today (snow falling & blowing; bad road conditions) or go first thing in the morning (taking the kids and getting the car in time to be ON time to my midwife appt.)... Let's just say I did some crying! Brandon called in the middle of all my thinking & decision-making. I was relieved to be able to talk to him in time to make a decision with enough time for everyone involved to know. Talking to Brandon brings me peace; it helps.

Long story short...I found someone to take my kids and another person to give me a ride. It wasn't fun driving a car that I couldn't blast the heat in, but it got me home to my children! The kids were excited to see me and Ahna wanted her gloves on right away. Then they wanted to stay and play. My friend who took my kids...her husband shoveled out my parking spot (about 6" of snow) while I was picking up my car. He even put salt down on each side of my parking spot. I was so grateful that I choked up, ready to cry...again, and must have said "Thank you" 10 times. I have never had so many people help me when Brandon has been away than the amount of people who have stepped in while Brandon's been away.

After dinner the kids asked for baths. How could I say "no"?!?! When I got the kids out of the bath, they both were excited about curling up on the couch with a blanket, just before taking off their towels and showing Abba their naked bums. Oh, they were giggling so much while I was trying to get diapers and PJs on them. Haha. These moments make me love being a mom!

Brandon prayed with the kids, as busy as he is, with the kids before they went to bed. I am not sure who it means more to--Brandon, myself, or the kids. Ahna couldn't keep her lips off the screen. Anytime my phone beeped, rang, or went off in anyway, Ahna would say "Abba" with much enthusiasm. I look forward to them reuniting.

Bed went well for Ahna. Gami is really getting into putting off bedtime. He asked me twice to get up & go soog. It is difficult for me to tell him he cannot go & needs to stay in bed, so I let him try and then back into bed. Once he was there...Ahhhh, quiet!

Well, time for bed!

No comments: