We woke up to more snow this morning. I think we've gotten about 6" (from the looks of the picnic table).
I will have my work cut out for me in the morning to dig out my car. Good news is that I can take the kids out with me and we both get something done--they play in the snow and I get the car cleaned off! I have to take it to the mechanic in the morning. I hope it will be an easy fix! Now I really look forward to getting a good minivan.
We did a brief webcam with Brandon this morning.
This is a bad picture, but doesn't she look like me here? Maybe? I am ok if she still looks more like Brandon :)
Gami watched some PBS (I am getting sick of even that station...too much TV for me). I got to lay down for a few minutes before getting Ahna up & having breakfast. Once everyone was dressed, ate, and brushed teeth, I built Gami a train track. Today the track was a source of stress. Ahna kept taking Gami's train or breaking the track (sometimes on purpose). She seems to like building a track...and taking it apart to build it again. It has been a challenge to teach her to leave the BUILT track alone. I spent the morning dancing in circles with the kids. How could I say no to Gami when he says "C'mon, Ima! Come dance wiv me!" ??? It was fun and there was lots of giggling.
It might be hard to tell, but Ahna is dancing here. She loves to dance.
Ahna took a GREAT nap today= peace of mind for me. Gami didn't nap, but was quiet in my bed until I got him. A few minutes after I initially laid him down I thought I heard him calling for me. When I went down to my bedroom, I could hear him talking to himself from outside the door. Upon opening the bedroom door, I saw him looking through a Thomas book, reading it with tones of voices and words that he thought they were saying based upon the pictures. It was the cutest thing... "Oh NO! James got all dirty and Thomas gonna help him. James is cross..."
I was able to attend a ladies gathering this afternoon. I was hesitant to go, but made myself to anyway. I left Gami with the husband of a friend on-campus and their two children (whom Gami likes to play with). My friend and I went to the tea with Ahna and had a fun time! I was very glad I went. I walked away with a candle and Ahna received a soft beanie/plush Moose. Ahna is a BIG stuffed animal fan. I only felt badly that I didn't have anything for Gami when he asked me, "Where's my surprise, Ima?" The ladies I sat with were quite impressed by how well Ahna did and how well she spoke. I enjoyed having Ahna too. The best part was when she saw the plate of desserts at the table and grabbed the piece of chocolate when I asked her if she wanted a cookie! She is a fit of the stereo-typical female: likes chocolate, shoes, and jewlery. When I sent her to the front for her gift bag (the moose) she went up there with chocolate in one hand and chocolate surrounding her lips--so adorable! I really enjoy the ladies at the synagogue. After the tea party was over today, she was dancing A LOT to the music playing. She was really getting into it!
Last night I asked Gami what kind of birthday party he wanted to have. Can you guess what he said??? I'll give you ONE guess--THOMAS THE TRAIN. Are you surprised?? I'm not! Haha.
Tonight when I went to check on Ahna, who fell asleep without a fuss(!!!!), she was sleeping so peacefully. She has taken her floral blanket and stacked it on top of a few stuffed animals (little bear, moose, dog, Abba doll) and covered herself up with her pink/white blanket. She does a great job of covering herself up with blankets! Gami went to bed easily too. That might have a LOT to do with him not taking a nap today. Either way, my house is quiet before 9pm!
That means I should go to bed. I don't like having such little downtime in the evenings. Unless I want to stay up late, I cannot sew or watch a movie. It is frustrating, but I am working on Gami getting to bed sooner. It will be easier when Brandon comes home because there will be no webcam to drag out the going to bed process for either of my kids. Then I will have more downtime in the evenings.
That being said...Laila Tov!




No comments:
Post a Comment