Today I pulled some Mac & Cheese out of the freezer for Ahna's lunch. When I tasted the pre-made processed food, I was almost apaulled by its taste. I didn't think it tasted like real cheese at all. I know this is a risk with pre-made food due to all the additived & preservatived, but I am noticing the taste difference more & more as I make my own food from scratch.
My dad told me the other day that he can remember the food he ate growing up was 90% grown and raised on their farm. My grandmother had a garden, did lots of canning, and cooking from scratch. She and my grandfather also ran a dairy farm (hence their milk & beef). That is the long-term goal for Brandon and I. For now, with no property for such things, I seek ways to do the best I can to make as much as I can from scratch. It does take longer time and more deliberate planning, but I know it is worth it.
I also am gaining a sense of confidence in my cooking. I have more confidence in the nutrition I am giving to my children (almost 100% additive and preservative free). The fewer meals I take out of a box or can, the more money I save and the healthier my family. That feels really good as a mother and a homemaker.
(Picture found on Anarre's Natural Health)



1 comment:
I am so proud of you....DaD
Post a Comment