This morning I took Gami for a check up at a local pediatric office. He is in perfect health! The doctor we saw was amazing! She has a petite child as well. That made me feel better. Gami was 34 inches in height (5%); weighed 23 pounds (<5%); and a head circumference of 19.5 inches (51%). His height & weight are proportionate to each other (and to his parents, haha).
I think I have always been a bit insecure about Gami's height & weight because the first doctor's I saw put so much pressure on me to believe that he was almost ready to be labeled "failure to thrive". It put added pressure on me as a mother to be concerned with his weight. Yet, since we left Texas I have met so many healthy, petite children. Also, this particular doctor took the height and weight of myself and Brandon into consideration. I appreciated that. I felt really at ease by the doctor and her nurse. I look forward to taking Ahna for her first check up sometime over the next 30 days. He and Ahna were bouncing off the walls!!! They were not calm by any definition; just a lot of energy!!
On the way home I asked if they wanted eggs (since I have a lot of them right now) or bagel pizza for lunch. Gami said "I want egg treats." After thinking about it for a minute & asking him again if he wanted eggs for lunch, I realized that he was referring to the egg-looking treats that we bought him a few months ago when we were really in the middle of potty-training. Wow! He remembered. So, I took the kids to a pizza place in downtown Littleton for some pizza (not fun trip with squirming children & nothing for them to color) and then on the way back to our car we bought a few egg-shaped treats from Lola's Sugar Rush.
The kids went down great for naps. Ahna used her big bear today as a pillow and held on tight to the purple bear Brandon had given her from deployment. She calls the bear some type of version of "mummy" or "mommy"; it's a bit hard to tell, but when she asks for it I know what she means.
Here she is after naptime. She wanted all her bears and Abba doll when she got up (4 in all):
Gami got up happy and it made my day just to see him smile and say "Hi, Ima." I left Gami with a friend while I took Ahna with me, out into the snow, to the post office. After dinner the kids had baths and then curled up on the couch to watch Thomas.
Then Ahna just got silly with this cup on her head, while singing "Happy...eh you." (Happy birthday to you)
Off to bed Ahna went after saying good-night to Abba. Once Ahna was into bed, Gami and I made Lemon-Blueberry Tea Bread (MMmmmmm). I LOVE lemon stuff, so I am excited to try this bread. If it is as good as it sounds, I will post a picture and the recipe.
Tomorrow we have a "quiet" morning and then I have a chiropractic appointment in the afternoon. I really hope to feel better and don't know what I will do if I walk out still feeling the pinch in my hip area.
We had a sudden on-set of snow. Last night it was predicted that we'd have 30% chance of snow, but by 4pm, it was 100% chance. It is sticky, packy, & slippery. Do I mind? A bit, but it will be gone in like a week. I mean, Friday is predicted to reach a high of 50 degrees. Anyway, the kids will like playing in the snow.
Well, have a good night. I'm hoping for a better night of sleep.





No comments:
Post a Comment