Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 23

1/30--I have to stop these late nights...Getting up today was really hard. I turned on PBS for Gami, gave he & Ahna cups of cereal, curled up on the couch & tried to get some shut-eye for the next hour. Once I got up again, we said hello to Brandon, then got ready for the day. I did laundry & while waiting for it to be done, the kids and I played outside. We recruited a couple other friends for a while. In total, we spent about 2hrs outside. It was a bit chilly, but worth it for the next several days we will be spending inside (snow & COLD temperatures coming).

Lunch was skimpy and the kids went down for naps later than usual, but every one slept until about 4:15pm. I got up with Ahna 10min later and then Gami got up. I got a good 2hr nap. Bummer, since my eye is now twitching...must be I'm tired. Anyway, the kids and I had a good day overall. Dealing with bouts of crankiness or not sharing is a daily occurrance, but it doesn't happen enough to mention more than I already have. We miss Brandon; the kids in their way and I in my own.

For dinner we made Cinnmon Apple Pancakes (Gami's choice) with Cinnamon Apple Syrup and cut up apples dipped in Caramel Apple Butter. MMMmmm...it was a good choice for tonight. The kids had a bath, we web cammed with Brandon, read books, I did puzzles with Gami afer Ahna was in bed (becoming a favorite time of mine), I read Gami a book, put him to bed, and then watched the last hour of Hallmark's "The Lost Valentine" movie. See my thoughts on it HERE. Now, I need to be going to bed. I didn't finish folding my laundry, like I expected, but I will have plenty of time with the coming snow & COLD temperatures in the next couple days.

Hopefully I'll have time to post some pictures also in the next couple days. I have a lot of good ones to share.

G'night!!

No comments: