Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 11

Today was a busy, fun day!! We started the day with yogurt & pumpkin bread. Then off to the library for some new books and Storybox Time (30min reading and music time). The kids love going to the library. Thankfully Ahna stayed away from the stairs this week. When she did go for them I told her "no, Ahna; not this week." She was content with that answer and a book to read. In Storybox Time, both Ahna and Gami sat & listened really well. Ahna participated well & Gami preferred to observe. I am going to make it a habit to start going as many weeks as I can.


As soon as that was over we hurried to check out and get home so that we could web cam with Brandon for a few minutes before his lunch was over. Then, as soon as we said our good-bye's to Brandon, we heard voices on the playground. Gami got excited & wanted to go play with his friend Cole. The weather was beautiful--no coats or hats required! It was great and the kids played really well together. We will have lots of playtime with them this coming semester. I will be watching Cole & his sister one day every other week until April. Then, one day per week my kids will go to play with them, giving me some gym time!


We had a yummy lunch of something I cannot remember. The kids went down well for naps. Today I decided would be a good day to sleep with Gami. So I curled up in my bed next to Gami & we both got a good nap over 90min.

I hope you can see this (I know it's dar to see)  pic of Gami & I settling in for nap.

After naps the kids watched Baby Einstein, we went to check the mail, and then we did a web chat with Brandon while getting ready to leave for some dinner.

Like I said, it was a busy day...

I was told that tonight at Chick-fil-a was PJ night. If kids wore their PJs then they got a free 4ct. chicken nugget meal. I ordered myself a sandwich wrap; which, as I anticipated, Gami ate. He was SUPER excited to see the cow. He wanted to see the cow over & over. Once he was done eating, he was itching to go play in the playroom. I made him wait for Ahna (our more patient eater), who would tell me "no" every time I asked her if she was done or if she wanted to go play. Gami was very patient! I was really proud of him. So we played in the play room, shared a small scoop of ice cream, saw the cow for the 6th time, and the kids made an eye mask craft that was available. After making the mask, the cow was making another round. So while I sat & chatted with a friend from campus, my kids were squealing with delight at the cow being near their table, again. Gami joined some other children in giving the cow continuous hugs. It was adorable!! I will get pictures up once I see the pics that my friend took at the restaurant.

After nearly dragging the kids out of the "energetic hole" (the restuarant) with balloons in hand, I stopped into Bath & Body Works to use a coupon. I spent about $7.32 on 5 travel-sized items and one regular sized item. Retail, this would have cost me about $37.00. Um, yeah!

When we got home, it was after 7:30pm and straight into bed for the kids. They settled well. I did a quick web chat with Brandon before the tired guy rolled into bed for some shut-eye.  If I think of something else cute that happened today (because there WAS plenty of it that my tired brain cannot recall), then I will fill you all in. For now, just watch the two videos I posted up recently.

Have a good one!!!

No comments: