Today was nice. We did a web cam with Brandon right after breakfast. Then after getting dressed, we played around the house--reading books, playing trains, and keeping the kids in line. I tried to fold some laundry. We had lunch & did a web cam with Brandon. The kids took naps while I tried to get some things accomplished on the computer & more laundry folded. Ahna only slept 90min & that was a pain. After the kids nap times a neighbor came by and helped me clean my injured finger & re-bandage it.
I have hit it a few times today while helping the kids; that HURT. It is sensitive, but I've not needed any pain meds yet. Typing takes me twice as long now because I only have 4 fingers to use on my left hand. Tomorrow my neighbor will come back over to help me bathe the kids and I hope to ask someone to help me wash my hair. I cannot get my finger wet for any length of time; must be dried right away if it gets wet. So hindering right now!!!
I also have to clean my car off at some point so that getting out on Tuesday will not be too bad. I might ask one of my guy neighbors to do it for me. Lots of people are here to help me and have offered to be available for me. I am so grateful to live on-campus right now & have the close community that I do. I'm also glad that we have food to eat & I don't HAVE to get out until then.
The kids had a rough afternoon & so did I. Gami was teary-emotional, Ahna was whiny & wanted to be held constantly, and I had a bad headache. Not fun! We did get to web cam with Brandon for a while. Ahna really misses him so much. Anytime the phone rings or we web cam with Brandon, she gets excited!!! She says "ABBA! ABBA! ABBA!" over & over until she sees him. She will stand at the computer desk & stomp her feet, smile on her face, and call at Brandon. She misses him so much. It is a challenge for me with Ahna because she is old enough to know that Abba belongs here, but is missing; yet too young for me to explain to her where Abba is, like I do with Gami. Gami does well with Brandon being gone. He brings me peace of mind because of it.
With that, I'm signing off... G'night ya'll!!
No comments:
Post a Comment