Brandon's unit has orders and soldiers are beginning to leave as of today. Brandon will go in about 3 weeks, give ot take a week. Of course, things could change. It is coming on faster now & is becomming more & more real to us. I looked at tickets the other day to go visit family. However, I really shouldn't buy a ticket until Brandon leaves, this way I don't miss a moment with him. Being alone will be difficult. Not getting a break from the baby at the end of the day will be difficult. Shopping & cooking for 1 will be difficult. Eating alone will be difficult.I will not have my best best friend here to consult with or to confide in or to help with our son. Yes, tough times are ahead. Unless you have been separated from your spouse for a length of time of at LEAST 4wks, I don't think you can really understand what we are about to embark on. I have some fears, but feel more confidence. I really & truly do feel we are prepared. I have some more work, but overall; our finances are in order, our bills get paid, I know how to keep up maintenance on the car: call Firestone across the street. I have a lot of support around me here in Texas & back in NY & Maine. We are going to get through this & we are going to be ok.
Last night Gamliel discovered his ear. As he was flapping his arms around his hand stumbled upon his hear. He had a look of discovery & deep thought & awe in his face as he squeezed & rubbed his ear. It came at the perfect time. I was asking Gamliel what we should put on our blog & just at that moment, he found his ear. It was so neat. I see him intentionally grabbing for specific objects he sees. I also see an interest in my food. He has done well with bananas, but it has not been a regular thing. I think he will be eating bananas daily within the next week.
I hear him talking...I think I have a mess to clean up...the only down-side of motherhood to date: "SOOG".
Today the maintenance men are coming between now & the next 3.5hrs to put up my curtain rods. I will post photos as soon as the curtains go up. I am so excited!! Today is also the day to clean the baby's room & to finish what I started yesterday.
Have a great day!!
Shalom, Cassy
2 comments:
No, you're right. I dont understand, and for that I am very sorry. But God does. He understands and knows what you are going to embark on. He already knows your weak moments that will occur over the next months and He knows the strong moments that will soon follow. :) He knows your tears that will be followed up with a smile or a laugh. He also knows my heart and how earnestly I will be praying for you.
You are loved.
Hannah
Cassy,
I can't really relate to being separated from my husband for any length of time as you will have to be, but witnessing your relationship and knowing you have Yeshua to help you get through this time is a bonus some don't have. I know you will both be able to withstand this time away and if you need ANYTHING you know I am ALWAYS here for you and my sweet, sweet nephew. Take care and love to you all!
Post a Comment