Joyful Festival!! Tonight starts Sukkot. It is my favorite of all God's appointed times. A part of me thinks that it is supposed to be that way. Leviticus 23:40 says, "...rejoice before the Lord your God seven days." So it is meant to be a happy & festive time of year. I love building a sukkah & decorating it, preparing food with other ladies, dancing in worship, fellowshipping with like-minded believers, and sleeping outside overnight. Last year I did not camp out, but the year before I did. It was a lot of fun! This year we celebrated early (last night) due to the long weekend & b/c we didn't know if Brandon would still be here next weekend when we made plans to meet for fellowship. It was a lot of fun. I taught a few girls some dances, we ate together, put up tents, Brandon shared something on sukkot, and we had some time of fellowship and singing.
Gamliel was loved by everyone there. I think just about everyone held him at least once. It was nice to have my hands free. Gami slept well last night; waking for a feeding at about 1am :( Today he did not nap for more than 1hr at a time. He is putting his feet into his mouth like CRAZY!! I have posted a video...click on the link "our videos" to see it. He has been very attached today. He is having a "hold me" day. I am blessed that my son loves me! He responds to Brandon whenever he sees or hears him. I love to watch Gami smile when he sees Brandon. He is still teething, but I am so glad it is not as bad as I hear that most infants do.
Tonight we are going to open up Sukkot & the Shabbat with candle lighting and some challah bread. (Oh, my bread went over really well at the gathering last night!!!) I am happy that tomorrow is a Sabbath, but I hope that I can rest when I know there is much to unpack. So, I am going to go try to get done as much as I can while I try to keep the baby awake until bed time. I hope he'll sleep better tonight if I do this.
Chag Sameach ve La Shanah Tova!!
(Joyful Festival and A good year to you!!)
Shalom, Cassy
Gamliel was loved by everyone there. I think just about everyone held him at least once. It was nice to have my hands free. Gami slept well last night; waking for a feeding at about 1am :( Today he did not nap for more than 1hr at a time. He is putting his feet into his mouth like CRAZY!! I have posted a video...click on the link "our videos" to see it. He has been very attached today. He is having a "hold me" day. I am blessed that my son loves me! He responds to Brandon whenever he sees or hears him. I love to watch Gami smile when he sees Brandon. He is still teething, but I am so glad it is not as bad as I hear that most infants do.
Tonight we are going to open up Sukkot & the Shabbat with candle lighting and some challah bread. (Oh, my bread went over really well at the gathering last night!!!) I am happy that tomorrow is a Sabbath, but I hope that I can rest when I know there is much to unpack. So, I am going to go try to get done as much as I can while I try to keep the baby awake until bed time. I hope he'll sleep better tonight if I do this.
Chag Sameach ve La Shanah Tova!!
(Joyful Festival and A good year to you!!)
Shalom, Cassy
No comments:
Post a Comment