I will be the first to admit that I am guilty of doing what I am about to describe, but I have also been on both sides of this pendulum...
How often it is that I hear women talk about reading blogs; plural. They spend part of their day reading several blogs and following rabbit trails of blogs, going through links from one blog to the next. They spend part of their day raising children (if they have them) and keeping a clean home.
My question is this...how often do women (or men) spend reading online (blogs, etc.) rather than fostering relationships? I read a lot of blogs about being good homemakers, wives, and mother. They are good and it is valuable information, but would it not be more worth-while if a woman spent her time sewing into others around her, rather than reading or writing blogs?
I find myself spending time reading NUMEROUS blogs while my children nap. I could be spending that time finding ways to please my husband and finding ways to warm his heart and cheer his day. I could be making phone calls to friends and checking in on young girls I know. I could be spending that time planning fun activities for my children.
I am not disregarding blogs (I have one of my own) or the internet!!! I am just wondering why so much time is spent blogging and reading about how to be a wife, mother, and homemaker, rather than older women teaching the younger women??:
Titus 2:1-8
But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine: 2That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience. The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded. In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.
I am in no means saying that we should all stop blogging or stop reading blogs. I am hoping that all will consider how we, as women, and also men to men, can be teaching those younger how to be and do the things in Titus 2. It's accountability, it's building relationships, it's wisdom passed on, it's God-given.
I hope this makes sense...
In summary: let's consider Titus 2 in a more hands-on application, rather than through internet application.
No comments:
Post a Comment