Monday, February 9, 2009

Off-track

Ok, so today I knew I needed to clean up a bunch of clutter around the house from a wonderful weekend at home. So I started in the kitchen. I soon realized as I began putting away the clean dishes that today was the day to clean the kitchen & do laundry. So many times I do not stick to the schedule I have developed for myself. Sometimes it is because outside events are taking place, but most of the time it is because I see a big picture (need to have a clean house) rather than focusing on smaller parts (break down parts of my house to clean) to accomplish my big picture. It is so easy to get distracted by anything other than what is right in front of us, isn't it? Unless I am alone in this, which is still ok. So this morning I kept telling myself to do what I was presently doing until it was done ("do the dishes...do the dishes..." or " wash the laundry...wash the laundry..."). By lunch I felt very good that I was able to keep myself in the kitchen cleaning like I had desired to. Sometimes when life distracts me from whatever is in front of me, I try to remind myself that it's ok and to get back on track. I find that I often get hard on myself when I did not accomplish what I originally set out to do (such as make a quilt in 2wks!!). Now I am reminding myself that it's ok to get a little off-track, but that it's more important to see where I went off-track, to get back on, and to try again. If I give up when I fall off then I would never accomplish anything and I would constantly be in a "downfall" state-of-mind. This is not how it should be. So I encourage you to ask yourself if you have fallen off-track lately (whether it be from accomplishing a daily goal in your home or something deeper). If so, get up, brush yourself off, swallow hard, grab a hand for support, and try again.

Shalom, Cassy

1 comment:

Hannah :) said...

THANKS CASSY!! That was great and I loved (and needed) reading that!

A hug from Maine :)
Hannah