Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Another week

Another week has come & is on its way. We had a great week last week with the visit of my in-laws. Their visit was very pleasant and their help most appreciated with Gami. They helped with him so much! I was able to accomplish some other things. I will miss the help.

We hosted our home fellowship group here for the first time. It was full here with 17 people, but we managed nicely. It was the first we met for lunch on a Shabbat. Al shared some wisdom about raising children and building a home. There was much to be learned.

Gami is doing well on the potty. We do not catch every spurt, but get several during the day. I think the next step will be to get him at night. I have to work up some energy to do that. I don't get good sleep at night. Gami, sadly, still wakes about 2-3 times. I feel like a failure at Babywise. There are several reasons for his constant waking, but two main ones right now: sickness is the biggest reason and then teething. I feel some frustration over this, but keep trying to get him to sleep through the night. Right now it's a hit or miss. Last night he slept from 8:30p-10:30p, ate, & went back to sleep until 630am. He was coughing quite a bit & very congested last night. I felt badly. He was getting better, but worse today. I need to figure out what I did before & do it again. He eats about 2oz of baby food with each nursing, except before bed. Other than that he is doing great! He discovered last night that he can make his Exersaucer bounce by sitting down in it forcefully. He seems to like it since he does it over & over & over. I am so grateful for this because I can put him in it while he's awake and finish a task I had already started. I also bought him some Leggings on Ebay. This makes pottying SOOOOO much easier & diapering as well. I have about 8-9 pairs. They are fun & easy to put on. There are several places online to buy them.

Well, I have a heap of laundry to fold, a baby who won't go to sleep so I can take a nap, and a baby quilt to finish sewing together. Oh yeah...and banking to do. Have a good week.

Shalom, Cassy

No comments: